BM 771 - Program Ijazah Sarjana Eksekutif Pentadbiran Perniagaan (EMBA) (Sepenuh Masa)
- This programme is designed for experienced business executives. Prior to offering its own program, UiTM has been offering the EMBA jointly with Ohio University since 1986 at its Shah Alam campus. The EMBA program has been carefully structured in order to ensure that all courses can be completed within two years even while the executive continues to handle his or her professional duties full-time. This is accomplished by offering courses on Saturdays and Sundays during the two years duration of the programme. An independent research project has to be completed during the second half of the programme.
- This programme ensures that the participating executives are able to upgrade their managerial skills, broaden their perspectives and improve their opportunities for advancement into higher management. Essentially, this also benefits their organizations.
Each intake of the EMBA is limited to about 30 students in order to facilitate meaningful discussions and to enable specially selected faculty members to pay individual attention to each student. One of the most important features of the programme is that it advocates student-centred and co-operative learning, where the participants interact with one another as a single group.
|MGT 700||- Organizational Behavior|
|ACC 720||- Managerial Accounting |
|HRM 730 ||- Human Resource Management |
|ECO 740||- Economics Analysis|
|FIN 745||- Managerial Finance|
|MKT 750||- Marketing Management |
|MIS 750||- Information Technology Management |
|QMT 760||- Managerial Decision Analysis|
|OPM 770||- Operation Management|
|INB 780||- International Business|
|MGT 790||- Strategic Management |
|GBI 795||- Global Business Issues|
|*ABR 795||- Research: Applied Business Research|
*It is mandatory for all EMBA students to complete an Applied Business Research, which is an intensive team-consulting project.
- Applicants must have a good Bachelor’s degree (Hons) or its equivalent;
- Other qualifications equivalent to an Honours degree (in a relevant field) with relevant experience in a related field recognised by the UiTM Senate;
- Candidates have to fulfil the following requirements in support of the application:
- Submit a typewritten Autobiographical Essay of not more than 700 words, using Microsoft Word, on A4 size paper. The details are as follows:
- This essay is basically about yourself. It should tell us about you and essentially what you would want the reader to know about yourself;
- The essay could focus on your personal life, your background, your achievements, and accomplishments or on your experiences;
- Nobody knows you better than yourself, so tell the readers all that you would want them to know about you. How well you’ll do this, depends on your ideas and your writing skills.
- Submit reference letters from current or previous employer(s).
- Be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Attend an interview where an evaluation will be carried out using the case-based approach.
A minimum of five years or more of working experience at the professional, management or technical level is highly considered.
The curriculum is designed to meet the needs of mid-career executives. It consists of four modules and a required business research. These modules are offered in sequence over a two-year period. Each module consists of three courses and is scheduled for a five months (18-20 weeks) period. The modules are to be taken one at a time.